7.7.20

A message from Mrs Longfield

Hi everyone. I am Mrs Longfield and I am really looking forward to being your class teacher next year. 

Last year was a very strange one for lots of you and I know it will have been a long time since some have you have been in a classroom but don't worry I will be there to guide and support you and I am sure you will soon get back into the swing of things.

 Me and Mrs Mackintosh on our amazing holiday in Florida.

 

 

This will be my 30th year teaching at Carlton and I can't quite believe where that time has gone. I love our school and enjoy living and working in the village. 

 

When I am not teaching I love spending time with my family and friends. We love to get together and have barbecues, meals at home or go to nice restaurants. I love going on holiday and every year we go on a fantastic family trip to Cornwall, Scotland or France. My favourite place in the whole world is St Ives in Cornwall. I like nothing more than to sit on the harbour there with a good book and watch the world go by. What is your favourite place to visit and why? 

 

Other things I like to do are visit the theatre and cinema. I love musicals and have been to London many times to enjoy shows. My favourite has to be Les Miserables. I just love all the songs. Two of my favourite films are The Greatest Showman and Mamma Mia- again because I love the music in them. I even went to see them sat on the beach in the open air last year which was great fun! I love to sing too and am a member of Selby Rock Choir. I have performed at Abbey Road studios- where the Beatles recorded their albums, York Barbican, The NEC in Birmingham, Hyde Park in London and Blackpool tower ballroom to name a few. It's great fun!

 

When I've got time I also really enjoying reading. There is nothing more relaxing than diving into a good book. I'd love to hear about your favourite films, TV shows books. 

 

I am a Manchester United fan and love to watch all sport both live and on the TV. I will really miss the Olympics this year as I love watching our country compete and cheering them on. What is your favourite sport and do play in any teams?

 

My favourite animals are giraffes and I love nothing more than a day out at Yorkshire Wildlife Park where I can sit and watch these fascinating creatures. Do you have a favourite animal? Maybe you could draw or paint me a picture of them.

 

Because of lockdown we aren't able to have our usual move up mornings where I can get to know you all better. It would be really great if you could create an ALL ABOUT ME info sheet like mine and email it to me. Tell me all about yourself and ask me any questions about next year. I don't want you to be worried about anything so if you want to know something just ask.

You can either email them to me at : mrslongfield2020@carlton-in-snaith.n-yorks.sch.uk or drop them in at school.

I look forward to hearing all about you all and am really excited for next year.

Until then stay safe and have a great summer!

Mrs Longfield x

No comments:

Post a Comment